It might seem like 2019 started just a few weeks ago. And that 2020 is still ages away. But did you know that you can get a jump start on applying for university for next year – right now?
If you want to study online, you can apply to Charles Sturt University now – and get your application all done and dusted before HSC/VCE revision really kicks in. (Contact us to get the skinny on direct apps.)
Plus, there’s been a big change in the UAC space if you want to apply to study on campus – and we’re here to give you the lowdown, the heads-up… and everything in between.
UAC open dates have changed
UAC used to open in August. So previously, you’d coast through the first half of the year and then start thinking about UAC. By August, you’d have planned out which courses you wanted to study and at which unis – and you’d be ready to start inputting your preferences.
But now UAC have switched up the game. And we think it’s for the best.
Now applications open in April. In fact, they’re open right now.
So – what does that mean for me?
Why should I apply early?
If you head to the UAC website, you’ll find:
- detailed course information – more courses will be added as they become available and all course information will be on the website from August
- further institution info, including admission criteria and entry schemes, and scholarships and financial assistance
- important updates on applying for Schools Recommendation Schemes, Educational Access Schemes and Equity Scholarships through UAC.
And once you’ve done your research, you can start applying!
So basically, the benefit of UAC opening in April is that you’re starting the whole process much earlier than previous years. You’re getting your life admin out of the way so you can focus on the important things – like passing your HSC.
So here’s your next steps list ready for you to smash.
- Apply for university
- Get your application in for Schools Recommendation Schemes, Equity Scholarships and Education Access Scheme
- Apply for the Charles Sturt Advantage
- Order you course preferences for early offers
- Get your ATAR
- Review your course preferences
- Get your offer
- Accept and enrol
- Conquer the world!
I’m not super clear on how UAC works. Can you break it down for me?
UAC has put together a really handy break-down of the steps you take in order to apply. Make sure you head over to their website for more info.
Top tips for the UAC process
- Do your research. Knowing which courses you’d like to study before you begin the application process will make your life a whole lot easier.
- Consider applying for the Schools Recommendation Scheme. If you get into uni early, it will take even more pressure off you come exam time.
- Be aware of key dates. Put them on the fridge. Put them in your diary. Make sure you put them somewhere!
- Chat to your school career adviser. They’ll have plenty of info and insights about getting into uni.
- Get your ‘rents involved. We hold parent information evenings throughout the year, so make sure they come along!
Ready to start your UAC application?
Get started now – your future self will thank you for it!
Looking for a bit more info? You can check out some of our other Insight posts about applying through UAC.
Didn’t find the info you were after? We’re here to help. Our friendly Future Students team is ready to help you with any questions or concerns you might have about your ATAR, your UAC app or taking your next steps. All you need to do is reach out.