As a career adviser, it’s important for you to be in the know. You need to keep up with the latest updates to university courses, admission pathways, processes and fees. And it can be exhausting!
We’ve had some very exciting changes at Charles Sturt University (CSU). So we want to make sure you have the latest CSU updates to pass on to your students.
Course updates you need to know about
At CSU, we want to make sure our students graduate at the top of their game – with qualifications that employers want. That’s why we’re constantly reviewing and enhancing our courses in line with industry demand and best practice.
We’ve made some changes to our course offerings, and we’d love for you to share these updates with your students.
- Bachelor of Business (Industry Professional Practice). Available at our Bathurst campus, this is our most innovative business degree yet. Developed in close collaboration with industry, we’ve created a unique course that sees students develop in-demand business skills from day one.
- Bachelor of Human Services (with specialisations). In this new degree, students can choose from a wide range of specialisations. These include Australian Indigenous Welfare, Child and Adolescent Welfare, Disability, Gerontology and Healthy Ageing, Mental Health and Addiction, Multicultural Welfare and Sustainable Community Development. Available at our Port Macquarie campus and online.
- Bachelor of Public Safety and Security. Now available at our Port Macquarie campus and online, this degree prepares students who are interested in joining the NSW Police Force.
- Bachelor of Social Work. This degree is ideal for students who are dedicated to pursuing social justice and human rights, becoming a force for social change in their community. Available online and at our Dubbo, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga campuses.
New admission pathway for our communication and creative industries degrees
We’ve also made some changes to our admissions process for communication and creative industries degrees.
While important, a student’s ATAR/VCE doesn’t always reflect their potential for a successful career. That’s why we’ve designed our individual assessment program. This allows us to make conditional offers (based on completion of the HSC/VCE) to future students anytime based on an interview, audition or portfolio review.
Who is eligible?
Eligible Year 12 students are those who:
- are interested in acting, advertising, animation, art, design, journalism, photography, public relations, radio, sound design, television or theatre media
- pass a CSU assessment evaluating their passion, skill and ability.
How can students apply?
Students can apply by booking an interview with the School of Communication and Creative Industries.
Successful students will receive a conditional offer by email (based on completion of the HSC/VCE) after their interview/audition. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.
CSU accommodation prices have dropped!
Living on campus at CSU is a big part of the first-year uni experience.
CSU has ensured that living on campus is a viable option for as many of our students as possible by reducing our accommodation prices. We’ve got a broad range of accommodation and catering options, plus a guaranteed place for all first-year students. Take a look.
Have any questions?
For more information and the latest CSU updates, please call one of our friendly advisers on 1800 275 278 or reach out to us online.