Are you kicking off your online study journey with Charles Sturt University (CSU) this March? When you study online, you need flexibility – including a flexible online orientation program.
We’re hosting a range of online orientation activities and information sessions from 16 February – 3 March 2019. There’s a great mix of academic, study skills and support sessions to help give you the best start possible at CSU. You’ll learn to navigate our online learning spaces, explore the different support services on offer and even brush up on your study skills before class starts.
These online orientation sessions are offered in a variety of flexible ways:
- Online – all orientation sessions are delivered online and live, so you can interact with academics, teaching staff and other students in real-time.
- On campus – if you’re studying online but live near a CSU campus, you’re more than welcome to join us on campus!
- Recorded video sessions – we’ll make sure to record the online orientation sessions, so you can access them anywhere, and at a time that suits you.
Where can I find these online orientation sessions?
You can find all the online orientation sessions in the CSU orientation portal.
Before orientation starts, we recommend you log in to the portal and have a look around. You’ll find that the entire portal is personalised – just for you!
The orientation portal is organised into easy-to-navigate sections, so you can find everything you need to know about studying online, and studying successfully, including:
- My studies – use these essentials to be prepared for the admin side of your studies.
- My orientation activities – where you’ll sign up for your orientation events.
- My services and support – where you can get all the help you’ll ever need.
- My finances – use this section to manage the cost of study and your money.
- My uni life – make the most out of your time at CSU by making lasting connections.
What sessions should I attend?
Ideally, you’ll sign up to all of them! Think of it like this: the more sessions you attend, the more knowledge you gain – and the greater your chance of study success. We’ve put together some of our top recommendations for your below.
If you’re new to online study, it’s a good idea to start uni with this live one-hour online workshop. You’ll discover all the essential online study tools, including the CSU Student Portal, Interact2 (where your subjects live), subject outlines, the CSU Library and support services.
Make sure you’re comfortable using your online learning tools with a free Study Link subject, Introduction to Learning Online.
Other Study Link subjects can help you brush up on your academic skills, bridge knowledge gaps and give you the confidence to succeed. Whether you want to enhance your skills in writing, mathematics, statistics or science, or want to make the transition to university a little easier, Study Link will get you there.
This session will give you the lowdown on your degree. You’ll get an overview of your course, learning environment, subject expectations and where to find help. It’s one not to miss.
Here you’ll improve your writing, referencing and assessment planning skills before you start. You can join an online workshop or book a tailored appointment to make your study plan, as well as learning about submitting assignments for feedback. Email mentoring is even an option!
Your online Orientation checklist
Think you’re ready to study online? Make your way down our online orientation checklist and see how prepared you are.
- Check out your Orientation portal
- Access your online learning space – Interact2
- Check if you need to order any textbooks
- Check your enrolment
- Ensure you’ve enrolled in the right subjects as per the course handbook
- Join the CSUSocial Facebook group
- View your financial information and upcoming fees
How did you go? Try to check off the entire list before uni starts.
Ready to start uni with your best foot forward?
Log in to your personalised orientation portal and get all the information you need to study successfully with CSU.
If you have any questions about your online orientation, all you need to do is reach out. Our friendly team are always available to help!